Igreja matriz de Santo Estêvão is located in the center of the village, originated in a small late-medieval hermitage dependent on the parish of Santiago de Tavira.
Igreja Matriz de Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo is located in the center of the village and dates back to the first half of the sixteenth century, following the elevation of the site of the Bishop’s Fountain to the parish seat.
Founded in the 13th century, little is known about the origins of this church, whose patron saint evokes the period of reconquest and the influence of the Order of Santiago on the territory (which was responsible for the conquest of Tavira in 1242).
Ermida de Nossa Senhora da Saúde – North of Tavira Algarve Portugal.The origens of this church date back to the 15th Century where Paulist Monks settled in 1448 and stayed until 1606.
The church in the centre of the village.The date of its construction is uncertain, but it was originally the site of a medieval chapel. In the eighteenth century, about 1707, it was re-built by António Pereira da Silva.
This fine church is located in the centre of the village and dates back to the first half of the sixteenth century, following the lifting of the siege Fonte do Bispo the parish seat.
The building works of this church were started in early 16th Century, after the Crown recognized the administrative division of Conceição de Tavira.
This is one of the few churches in the Algarve that survived the 1755 earthquake. It still maintains part of the original structure built in the 16th century.
Dating back to the first half of the 17th century. It was a place of pilgrimage for the residents, especially on St. Peter’s day (June 29).
This hermitage dates back the first half of the seventeenth century and was much venerated at this time as it was here that the procession of Senhor dos Passos ended. On this day , a large religious festival took place attracting pilgrims from all over the Algarve as well as from Andalucia.