Ermida de São Lázaro (ou de Nossa Senhora do Livramento)
This chapel is of medieval origin (XV century) and is thought to have been constructed on the site of a former leper hospital situated on the outskirts of the village.
Erected in the early sixteenth century, on the outskirts of the village, by devout Tavirenses of St. Lazarus, patron saint of lepers and protector against diseases. The reconstruction of the temple takes place from 1698, a period in which it is administered by the fishermen and marshals gathered in the brotherhood of Our Lady of Deliverance. The main façade dates back to the early eighteenth century, being remodeled in the late nineteenth century with the placement of tiles. The interior consists of a single nave and chancel, flanked by the hermit’s house. It has three 18th century altarpieces, the chancel and two collateral, joined by the carving of the triumphal arch, with the images of the patrons. It also highlights the set of former maritime vows, witnessing the connection of the temple to the mareantes.